Pottery Barn Style Children's Book Shelf

When the creative urge hits, I just can't stop myself...maybe it is becoming a little OCD?!

I'd been looking at the blog ana-white.com and just couldn't stop oohing and aahhing. When I discovered this bookshelf plan, I decided I had to tackle it. It's based a bookshelf I've been eyeing at Pottery Barn Kids. Who knew it would be so easy to replicate! (I'd just put the picture from their website if I could just figure out my mac, sorry!)

After a quick trip to Lowes (that place is becoming very dangerous for my bank account) I left with a new jig saw (I'm sure my husband won't complain about me bringing home tools, right?) and some extra blades....and WOOD. Enough for this book shelf. Without looking at the receipt, I'd guess I spent less than $30 for this shelf!

All in all, I think it looks pretty good. I need to still apply wood filler and definitely do some sanding, priming, and painting....but that will have to wait until another naptime.

*It's not the best picture, but you get the idea...


OH, and the best part was that I was able to finish this in under 2 1/2 hours. Thankfully my son is a good napper!!
Facebook Comments Plugin Bloggerized by BloggerTricks.Biz

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment about the replacement velcro! So far ours seems to be holding up okay, but it might need to be replaced in the next year or so. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me messages. I love hearing from YOU!

Blogging tips