More Baby Gifts

{just a note regarding my previous post: the cleaning lady has lost some steam, it looks like a shower might not happen until tomorrow or until cleaning is done.}

BUT, on another note: here are some adorable baby gifts I made for a friend who was attending a baby shower this past weekend. She called me with some trepidation in her voice, asking if there was any chance I might be able to do some sewing. Luckily, I didn't have much else going on, and my amazing husband was able to provide childcare while I plugged away in my sewing room.

My friend was looking for something neutral but for a girl. I in turn sent her the following pictures (including a fleece blanket that I made a while back):






She ultimately decided on the last photo, girly but not overly. I added a few splashes of pink because, why not?! 


So here are the goods:
Two onesies (0-3month & 3-6 month), 2 pairs of shoes (2 sizes), lovie, changing pad, and adorable owl teether! Could that be any cuter??!
Here is my version of the owl teether. I had seen this adorable little love a while back but Handmade by Jill reminded me of the amazing little owl pattern found at the Rubber Punkin and decided this was too cute NOT to make! I did try to make it crinkly, using the plastic on a little mini thing of tissues, just to add a little extra...

Now I'm going to admit that I did this, I don't know if I would recommend trying it, but here goes: I used my Silhouette machine to cut fabric. {I saw the following day that they are actually selling a product that allows you to cut fabric-YAY! Unfortunately it's only $7.99 and when I went to order it the shipping cost almost as much as the product-boo-so I decided to wait to order until I needed more things.} I applied the adhesive (Wonder Under kind, the name is escaping me this minute) but that you don't have to sew over...then I cut the "C" it worked no problem.


Then I used it to cut the following: 
 It did not go nearly as smoothly as I had hoped (boo!) BUT ultimately did work, I probably could/would attempt to space the letters out. I also tried with Freezer Paper on top of the fabric, which worked okay, it just seemed some letters wanted to cut a little easier than others...ultimately it DID work, although it took some time. Then it was just ironed on. 

I made a 0-3 onesie with ruffles around the front. HOW CUTE?!

I also made a lovie (12"x12") using the contrasting fabrics.

I made this folding changing pad.
 I thought this was pretty amazing, being that I myself never have what I need when a diaper change happens out in public...the changing pad folds up fairly small, and has elastic in the strap to hold a few diapers/wipes. It's any mother's dream! I used the tutorial from Small Fry & Co. So easy & any mother's must have! Oh, I did add Iron On Vinyl to the "baby" side in case any "surprises" end up on the fabric, they'll be very easy to wipe away!

Booties: I've made a million pairs. They are seriously THE BEST, and by some miracle they actually STAY ON. They really are amazing. You can get the pattern at here. I made a little pink fabric flower to go on each shoe, they are pinned on, so they can be reused again & again.

I mailed everything out last Wednesday & she received it Saturday, just in time for the shower. She said it was a hit. Which makes me happy!
Facebook Comments Plugin Bloggerized by BloggerTricks.Biz

1 comment:

Please leave me messages. I love hearing from YOU!

Blogging tips