It's amazing what a little paint can do!

As we are settling into our new home, it seems like it's been quite an undertaking. Moving with young children is interesting, to say the least. Luckily, both boys have been really great sports...and we finally splurged and purchased a wireless fence for our dog.

Mason now has full run of the grass portion of our yard. The base unit is in our basement, and as long as he is wearing the collar, he is free to roam. It did take a few weeks of training and of course we still monitor his movement, but at least now I don't feel like I have to watch him like a hawk. I just wish I had known about this fence 7 years ago!
Mason enjoying his big yard {the red necklace is the collar for the fence...}

But, I digress...back to the house. Moving ourselves required two Saturday U-Haul rentals, and bribing some friends with beer. My in-laws were also a huge help...I thought we might have almost killed my father in law, but the man is a machine, and he helped moved every piece of furniture {lots of solid wood, no less} from the old house to the new!

Unpacking has been a slow process. Our initial plan of attack was to unpack essential items, and then worry about the rest. Well, we pretty quickly did that, which left the non-essential items lingering. I've only had ONE freak-out. All of the chaos is starting to wear on me and I need the non-essentials to find themselves a home. But, I of course had big plans to spruce up a few things....like my husband's childhood bed and dresser. It's solid wood furniture. It's survived countless moves. And we've moved it 4 times already since we married...I decided a nice blue color could & would look great:

The top was left in it's original finish. I added new drawer pulls from Lowes (on sale for $3!)
I used Valspar paint samples from Lowes for about $3. Total paint cost $6! 

We also painted the bed frame to match. 
Of course it would be great if I had taken before pictures, but alas, I didn't. Sorry, I'm sure you can use your imagination. It's amazing what a little paint can do!

Now I've got to paint/prime some laminate bookshelves. We'll see how this goes...
Facebook Comments Plugin Bloggerized by BloggerTricks.Biz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me messages. I love hearing from YOU!

Blogging tips